Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Days 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21...

"Help, I've fallen and I can't get up"... said me on Saturday morning as I fell hard off the no-complaining train.

For those of you wondering if I'm perfect (hahahahaha... just humor me here), let me assure you that I have proven (once again) that I am not.  Not even close.  Not even in the same area code as close.

Don't mind me while I blame hormones (stupid hormones).  I can't think of anything else to blame so that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. 

(Actually tho, I know in my heart that hormones are something we deal with but the way we react to them is completely up to us.) 

Sigh...

So finally this morning, with Jon having had enough, he (not so gently) reminded me that I blew this challenge.

Sigh...

Alrighty then, pray, get up, pick up the pieces, brush off, apologize and move on.

I decided to read the challenge for the days I missed and do them all today... because Jon deserves it... and it's good for my heart to give thanks and praise.

Day 17:  Vision for our home... I don't know that we have ever officially spoken about having a vision for our home and family, but we have discussed what we hope for.  We hope for our kids to grow up to love and serve God and others.  We hope for their happiness but, even more than that, we hope for them to be close to Him (knowing that sometimes it's downright hard stuff to follow the Lord).  We hope for it, we pray for it, we trust God to bring it to fruition.

Day 18:  Joyfulness... Is Jon joyful?  Well, just like everyone else, he has his days.  It is MORE typical for him to be joyful than not tho.  He's funny.  He's really funny... but he also knows that there is a time and place for it.  I often tell him I'm glad our kids have him because this house would be awfully somber, sober, not funny, no fun. 

Day 19:  Admire physically... I laughed out loud when I read this one today because, well, because I just told him at dinner that I would love him even if he didn't have any teeth in his head.  You see, he visited the dentist today for $500 worth of work and left there needing $2,000 more.  I think toothless is quite attractive, don't you?

Day 20:  Forgiving... Jon does not let the sun go down on his anger (no, he's not perfect but he doesn't hold a grudge for long).  We can spat and 20 minutes later he's trying to make me laugh.  I need a little more time than that, thankyouverymuch. 

Day 21:  Materialistic... let's just say we're both a work in progress. We have come far (just ask my high school friends), but have far to go.  


 Silly and sweet...




So onward I go... 

Love,
Susan






No comments:

Post a Comment