Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Already there...




This song has been stuck in my head for several days now.  Do you know it?  Already There by Casting Crowns?  Maybe it's old(ish)... I listen to the radio only in the car.  Otherwise, I only listen to live music (read:  Josh belting out hymns ALL the time).

The lyrics talk about how God is already at the end of my life.  While I'm here wondering what's gonna happen, how will it all turn out, what will my kids do with their lives, who will they marry (and when), how will we pay the bills this month, what can I make for dinner, will Josh make it thru the day at school... He already knows.  I fret.  He knows.  He's already there.

My favorite verse is...
From where You're standing
Lord, You see a grand design
That You imagined
When You breathed me into life
And all the chaos
Comes together in Your hands
Like a masterpiece
Of Your picture perfect plan


All this chaos... it's a masterpiece.  His perfect plan for my life.

So today, I had to clean for someone new (always stressful when it's someone new but she loved it, made it all worthwhile),  Jared was home with a migraine (gets auras and awful pain, like father like son, lovely!), Caleb's shoulder felt like it was slipping (just had surgery so it would NOT dislocate/fall out) and he was in quite a lot of pain, Josh was having a rough day at school, I've been sick since Saturday... but then I heard this song.  It was kinda like God giving me a thumbs up...




Why worry, fret, fear, stress?  He's already there.  Please remind me of this as needed.


And... if you don't know the song, I encourage you to look it up on youtube. I haven't quite figured out how to share links successfully here. (I also haven't figured out how to size pictures, can you tell?)

Have a great night.

Love,
Susan

(Disclaimer:  I am not, in any way, saying that Josh is "God-like" when I attached a photo of him under the comment about God giving me a thumbs up.  It's just a fun picture, seemed appropriate.)




1 comment: