Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Day 7...

My husband hugged and thanked me yesterday.  It has been a good week. 

That said, as simple as yesterday's challenge was, today is on the very opposite end of the spectrum.  It's difficult.

You see, today's challenge is all about money.  You know... that stuff that doesn't grow on trees?  The stuff that we never have enough of?  Yeah, that. 

Today I am supposed to take a good look at how he (we) handle finances and either praise him for making wise decisions or encourage him to improve.  Out of respect for him (because he is very personal about this issue), I will keep this short.   

In the very beginning of our marriage, we decided that I would stay at home and raise the children.  Neither of us realized the financial implications of this, but neither of us cared either.  Today, we FULLY understand the financial implication... and still don't care.  

Well, that's not entirely true.  We're just like everyone else in that we'd love to do more, go more, buy more, give our kids everything they ask for... but we know that's not all it's cracked up to be.  I love staying home, don't get me wrong, but often struggle with saying no to the movies, ordering pizza... and Jared's dream is to learn to ski (and he'd be SO good at it) but we simply cannot afford it (literally brings me to tears when I think about it). 

We're human, but that doesn't change the fact that we are doing what we feel God wants us to do and that's WAY more important than any ski trip (remind me of that as necessary, okay?).

We have made financial mistakes and we have had financial victories.  We celebrate both because God has used both to grow us.  We have learned hard lessons and been blessed beyond measure when we didn't deserve it.  Finances are something that we have spent a lot of time arguing and losing sleep over (doesn't everyone?) but, in the end, as long as we are on the path that God has set before us, and as long as we have each other, we can take whatever the world throws at us (like recently losing 20% of our income due to government furloughs).

I am proud of my husband for working hard and for standing by his convictions that his wife should be a 'keeper of the home'.  It would obviously be easier if I got a full time job...

Or would it?


 My big boys...

 
  
Trying to nap at the lake...


The kids artwork... hahahahaha!!!


Love,
Susan





No comments:

Post a Comment