Monday, October 21, 2013

October, 2013 Down Syndrome Awareness... Day 1

It's October 1st... the start of National Down Syndrome Awareness Month.

It's one of my most favorite days of the year because my facebook news feed is FILLED with the faces that are Down Syndrome. I love those faces. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

I have something a little special planned this month and that is I'm going to share some of my favorite people with you. People who have inspired me, encouraged me, uplifted me, prayed for me and given me the much needed kick in the hind end when necessary... some without even knowing.

I'm so thankful for Down Syndrome in my life. It has molded me, changed me, worn me down and made me laugh... it's important and part of our family. It has caused days that I want to run away and it has caused days that make my heart sing. It has caused them both to happen within the same few moments. My kids think we are the luckiest family on the planet. I agree.


Love,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment