Monday, October 21, 2013

October, 2013 Down Syndrome Awareness... Day 21


When I asked this next Mom to share about her experience with Down Syndrome, I did so because she is secretly my rock (something she doesn't even realize).

Her and I have participated in the same online community for Down Syndrome for as long as I can remember. The community is one where information is shared… questions asked, small victories celebrated, encouragement given and connections are made.

Amy is always faithful to be available for each of us… answering, celebrating, encouraging and connecting.

I always search out her responses because she’s down to earth, no nonsense and realistic. I trust her and have never met her… funny how Down Syndrome bridges people’s lives.

Thank you for sharing Amy, I appreciate your input both on my facebook/blog and into my life.

“I was pretty unfamiliar with Down syndrome when our son was diagnosed (before he was born). He's now 11 and I guess the simplest way to say it is that his Down syndrome suits me just fine! I like that he's affectionate and wakes up happy. I like that I get to be a part of this large community of chromosomally-enhanced families who understand us and who are, on the whole, so unpretentious and down-to-earth. I like that he stayed a baby longer and that even now, in the throes of puberty, he likes his old-fashioned childhood stuff. I like that he's a whiz at technology. I like having him blow away expectations when we give him opportunities. It all suits me just fine -- wouldn't want it any other way!” ~Amy

I wouldn't want it any other way either, Amy.


No comments:

Post a Comment