Monday, October 21, 2013

October, 2013 Down Syndrome Awareness... Day 7

Day 7... Down Syndrome Awareness Month

The story I will share tomorrow warms my heart and makes me all giddy.

It is written by a mom that I will probably never meet this side of heaven, but can’t wait to wrap my arms around her neck when we both get there.

I asked Bethene to be my friend on facebook several months ago. I had read some of her responses to a mutual friend and decided she was someone I needed to get to know. Thankfully, she accepted my friend request and, since that time, I have learned so much from her about being a mom.

When her daughter graduated from high school last spring, she shared her heart so eloquently over Facebook. She was remarkably proud of her daughter and all of her accomplishments, but even more proud that her daughter was a follower of Jesus. She spoke proudly but humbly… something I wish I could emulate better.

Over the summer, her son with Down Syndrome asked Jesus into his heart and was baptized. I was so blessed. When I asked her to write for me this month, I was secretly hoping it would be about Josiah’s baptism. God granted the desire of my heart.

My hopes and dreams are for my children to always walk closely with Jesus. Everything else is unimportant. Yes, even health, wealth and prosperity. None of it matters if Jesus isn’t the Boss of your life.

Just ask Josiah…

(Bethene, I hope you don't mind that I snatched his handsome face from your profile. I adore his smile and I adore your heart.)


No comments:

Post a Comment